Friday, February 6, 2015

Believe you can and you're halfway there. :)

I never knew when I bought that little garden flag at Lowe's that it would change my life.

I went to the doctor yesterday and for the first time I was excited to get on the scale.  The last time I went in, I almost cried at how much weight I gained on those horrid meds.  This time, I weighed in at 104!  Slowly but surely I'm getting back to where I was over a year ago.  I even went to the store and found a pair of shorts I liked.. after trying them on, I fit in a size............. 0!!!!!!  Yessssss!!!   I never thought I would see low numbers again.  Although I do have to explain something here.. it wasn't a skinny person's 0, it was a fat person's 0.  (I use the term "fat" loosely.. I don't think a 0 in any way is fat.)  But it was the type of 0 that goes 0, 2, 4, 6, 8, etc in sizing rather than 0, 1, 3, etc..  Looks like this weekend, I'm going to be digging in the shed for my clothes I thought I packed away forever.  Last summer was a sad one.. I owned maybe one pair of shorts that fit me after trying on everything from the previous summer.  That was the worst part.. I think for the first time in history, I couldn't fit into what I've always been able to fit into.  All it took was joining two gyms, learning to get over my fear, and not eating 20 bagel bites a day.  Haha.  I ate so many of them that I didn't really mind leaving them behind.  I can't believe I consumed THAT much.  Yuck.  Anyway.. this blog is more for me than for anyone else reading it.  I'm not trying to brag at all.. it just feels so good to get back to who I was 2 years ago and it took a lot to get here so I'm proud of me.  That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment