Friday, September 21, 2012

Being a mom

I am getting sick.  :(  Sore throat, coughing, the whole nine yards.  I woke up this morning after taking cold medicine last night thinking that I would stay in bed for a bit and take the kids to school a little late.  Then I realized it's Friday which is test day.  I couldn't do that.  Mom's really don't get enough appreciation.. we don't get sick days.  If I still had the job I had for 7 years I could pick up the phone and let them know I wasn't going to make it right away and sleep off my sickness.  However, as a stay at home mom.. I have a job to do regardless of how I feel.  I can't call in someone to fill in for the day.  As bad as I feel.. I have children that need to get to school and a little one that is expecting me to be there with her when she wakes up.  Weighing the pros and the cons.. I wouldn't change any of it!  I may feel bad and have sick days, but nothing compares to the way it feels when you get the hugs, the "I love you"s, and knowing that you're shaping someone special to be the best they can be.  I'm not just "tooting my own horn" either.. this goes out to all of you mommies that work hard and love your children.  A lot of people don't realize the hard work we put in and that's okay, because the benefits are endless and more precious than anything.  I'm glad I pushed myself to get up and set aside the way I feel, because the kids are at school and Ever is in my lap cuddled up on me.  And it's a really good feeling!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment