Wednesday, November 26, 2014

An idea in the making

My dad moved out Sunday.  Christian moved back into his old room and that left us with an empty space.  I don't think we've ever had an empty space in this house before.  It's always "we need more space".  I was thinking of all of the things I could use it for.  Make up room?  No... waste of space.  A second closet?  No... we don't need it.  I kept going on and on about what it could be.  And then I thought... a playroom!  Santa will be bringing the kids so many nice (and some huge) toys and they will need a space.  The catch?  The empty room is through my bedroom so the kids would be walking through my room constantly.  We had a family meeting and came up with some great rules that would not only make the playroom awesome, but also like a reward system.  Homework done and room clean before playing in it.. No playroom after 7 (so Ian can sleep without the kids right there).. etc.  After they see what all is going to be in the playroom, they'll be staying on good behavior and begging to play.  Of course they'll still have toys in their rooms, but this is just going to be the best of the best.  We hope to have it finished by the end of December.  I absolutely cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment